Monday, October 8, 2012

STEAM ENGINE Re-Mix!

Another favorite! I took the fan-made "out-of-phase" version of this tune, with Micky's vocal washed out, and used that as my basic track, extending certain portions here and there, including the ending fade. I next added in bits and pieces from various available mixes, layering horns here and there, new modified versions of the guitar bridge, separating channels to boost only the bass on the left channel, etc....I then layered in Micky's vocals, only on the left side, using a number of sources, as he did so many great vocal takes on this song! I lastly added my own percussion, playing drums on the left channel, with kick-bass drum on the right, plus cymbals, tambourine, horns, steam whistle effects, you name it!  Slap on your headphones, crank up the volume, and click below!





No comments:

Post a Comment